[GRASS-user] Re: GRASS & R : g.region command not found

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Apr 6 15:20:26 EDT 2009

Milton Cezar Ribeiro <miltinho.astronauta <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I am running grass65 under MSYS under Vista.
> After launch MSYS  / GRASS / R, I get the information about
> mapset without problem. But as my raster image are very large,
> R can support the file.
>
> But when I try run system("g.region ...") I get error on R.
> May be R can't get the PATH where the g.region command are.

You must add .exe to compiled commands, and .bat to scripts.

Wait for a forthcoming 0.6-* series spgrass6, which will automate some of
this.

For questions like this, do use the statgrass list.

Roger

PS.

Don't use Windows if you need to do real work - there are so many binary GRASS
versions that interfacing them all is a nightmare (see the pain on OSGEO4W)!