[GRASS-user] Moving GISBASE box2box

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Apr 9 06:11:19 EDT 2009

In your first post you wrote:
> At grass startup, once I select the gisbase dir, every mapset I try
> to access results in this error message "this is not a valid mapset".

If this is the exact error message, then the only place I can find this
in the source code is in lib/init/gis_set.tcl as a result of a failed
CheckMapset, which is just:

proc CheckMapset {} {
         global database location mapset

         if { $mapset == "" } { return 0; }

         if { [file exists "$database/$location/$mapset/WIND"] } {
                 return 1
         }
         return 0
}

So, it fails either if the mapset variable is empty, or if there is no
WIND file in the mapset (or at least if file exists returns 0 - don't
know in which cases it does this).

Are you sure that the gis-database is correclty defined ?
Have you tried accessing the mapsets directly on the command line
without going through the GUI ?

Moritz