[GRASS-user] launching a gui

Chris Heys christopher_heys at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 9 11:17:55 EDT 2009

On 08/04/09 13:33, Chris Heys wrote:
> Dear Experts
>  Could somebody explain to me how to launch the Grass GUI ?
> I am running Grass62 under Cygwin.
> When I type tcltkgrass &, the response that I get is always something like
>  [1] 3528
> bash: tcltkgrass: command not found
>  What am I doing wrong?
tcltkgrass is deprecated, use 'gis.m'.
Moritz
Dear Moritz
Many thanks for the quick reply - and for your excellent tutorial, which I am finding most helpful.
Your suggested remedy, that of using gis.m, is unfortunately not working for me.
There is no error message, just nothing at all.
Perhaps I should have mentioned that, when I first start Grass, I get two error messages.
They are
sh: clear: command not found
/usr/local/grass-6.2.3/etc/Init.sh: line 635: tput: command not found
I have had a look in Init.sh and the bad line reads 'tput clear'.
Without asking you to spend a lot of time on the matter, could you briefly suggest something else that I might try?
Is there something that I have failed to download?
Again, my thanks.