[GRASS-user] exporting areas to shapefiles without filling holes

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 14 04:28:36 EDT 2009

The behaviour of the -c flag is now reversed in trunk r36726: by
default, only features will be exported that have a category in the
specified layer.

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> perhaps use G_message() so that the user can turn if off if
>> the message is annoying in a loop? the default does the
>> unexpected, so some form of message is useful there.
>>

> For now I have submitted it as G_warning. If loop, there is also
> other stuff to suppress maybe.

The warning will now appear only if type=area and if the -c flag is set.

Additionally, I made "X features found without category were skipped" a
message (was a warning), because this is now the default and expected
behaviour.
> I have for now applied the patch to 7 as well and will leave the
> flag inversion (or whatever) to others.

Done.

AFAIKT this filling-holes-issue is not restricted to shapefile export
but probably applies to all vector formats that support attributes
and/or holes in polygons, e.g. *.kml; didn't check for other formats.

Markus M