[GRASS-user] r.patch not working

Renae Mackas rmackas at sfu.ca
Wed Apr 15 01:16:19 EDT 2009

Hello GRASS users-

I am trying to mosaic colourcomposites from LANDSAT images.  A few weeks ago, I had luck doing this using r.patch with the -z flag such as below:

r.patch -z input=020.020.2000.055_rgb,021.020.2000.014_rgb,021.021.2000.142_rgb,022.020.2000.005_rgb output=mosaic

When I try doing this now however, r.patch does not seem to be working.  In the output window, it shows a red cirle with an "X" in it next to the command, but does not print any error message below.  I have tried patching even just the original rasters (rather than the rgb composites), and continue to get the same results.

Since the initial (successful) attempts with r.patch, I have extended the boundaries of the region I am working with and imported rasters from other locations.  All of the image rasters are currently within the region boundaries though.  Is there any reason why the changes I have made would have changed how r.patch functions?  Any suggestions of how to get it working again?

Thanks very much,

Renae