[GRASS-user] Label crash

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Apr 17 05:24:25 EDT 2009

Adam,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 4:48 AM, Adam Dershowitz
<adershowitz at exponent.com> wrote:
> I have run into a consistent crash problem.
>
> If I generate a label:
> v.label map=Labels column=stuff font=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/Vera.ttf
> then it displays fine in the gui.  But if I try to use other monitors from
> the command line I consistently get a crash.  For example:
>
> d.mon start=PS
> d.labels labels=Labels

I have tried with Spearfish, GRASS 6.4.0RC4, Linux 64bit:

v.label  map=roads colum=label font=/usr/share/fonts/TTF/Vera.ttf
d.mon start=PS
d.labels labels=roads
d.mon stop=PS
kghostview map.ps

No problem, looks fine.
It seems to be Mac specific.

> And I get the following repeated a whole bunch of times:
>
> The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality
> safely. You MUST exec().
> Break on
> __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__()
> to debug.
>
> The same thing happens if I use d.mon start=PNG.

could fork() in
 lib/driver/main.c
be the problem?

> The same thing also happens with 6.3, 6.4RC3 and 6.4RC4.  I am on a Mac
> 10.5.6, and I am using the Kyngchaos binaries.

Markus