[GRASS-user] new module: r.surf.volcano

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 05:40:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

I just added a new module to the wiki addons page: r.surf.volcano

It creates an artificial surface resembling a seamount or cone volcano.
The user can alter the size and shape of the mountain and optionally
roughen its surface.

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_AddOns#r.surf.volcano
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/raster/r.surf.volcano

It's a shell script and requires GRASS 6.3.0 or newer.
I'm using it for testing hydrodynamic flow models and r.sun.

=====-=====
GRASS> r.surf.volcano --help

 Creates an artificial surface resembling a seamount or cone volcano.

Usage:
 r.surf.volcano [-r] output=name [peak=value] [friction=value]
   [sigma=value] [--overwrite] [--verbose] [--quiet]

Flags:
  -r   Roughen the surface
 --o   Allow output files to overwrite existing files
 --v   Verbose module output
 --q   Quiet module output

Parameters:
    output   Name for output raster map
      peak   Height of cone
             default: 1000
  friction   Friction of distance, (the 'n' in 1/d^n)
             default: 6
     sigma   Surface roughness factor
             default: 1.0