[GRASS-user] v.crossbones released

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Apr 21 13:58:29 EDT 2009

Hi all,

we have just released an updated version of the Crossbones software in the form
of a little Java app and a GRASS vector module for full GIS integration.

Crossbones is a surveying method and algorithm for rapid capturing and 3D
modeling of dense skeletal assemblages. We use it for archaeological and
forensic projects; but in theory any objects that exhibit tree-like structure
can be processed with it.

If you are interested, then source code, sample data and some documentation
can be found on our webpage:

http://oadigital.net/

(check the "Software" section)

Best,

Ben

--

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES