[GRASS-user] Clipping LiDAR data

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 20:26:44 EDT 2009

maybe v.select?

Carlos

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 21:06, Jack Lonsdale <lonsdale at unbc.ca> wrote:
> Is there an easy way to clip a LiDAR data file?
>
> I have a 2GB raw dataset which I imported with v.in.ascii without
> topology or creating database because that caused memory to get full.
>
> I was going to just run the v.lidar.edgedetection for the whole dataset,
> but that seems to take forever..
>
> So I thought I could clip down the vector to a subsample using
> v.in.region and then v.overlay, but this produces an error because of no
> topology, fair enough! So maybe I can build the topology with
> v.build...again memory runs out.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks, Jack

Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Geologist D.Sc.
a.k.a. Guano - Linux User #89721
ResearcherID: A-9030-2008
carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano/
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can’t stop the signal.