[GRASS-user] Resampling with percent cover

Ned Horning horning at amnh.org
Wed Apr 29 06:54:22 EDT 2009

Hi – I am still working on creating a percent shrub cover map using GRASS
and R and have a question regarding resampling. I have
shrub/non-shrub/cloud maps at 1m resolution and I want to resample those
to 30m pixels using the following logic.

The value of each output 30m pixel will be the percentage of shrub pixels
that make up the corresponding 30 x 30 pixel area from the
shrub/non-shrub/cloud map and if any of the pixels in the 30 x 30 pixel
area has a cloud value the value of the resulting 30m pixel will be NULL.

Is there a way to do this in GRASS? R.resamp.stats seems like it is close
but that might be too difficult for me to modify.

Any thoughts? Is there anyone else out there creating percent cover /
continuous fields data sets using GRASS?

Ned