[GRASS-user] "How to create stereo anaglyphs with Paraview" added to Wiki

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 07:23:30 EDT 2009

Ben,

I just checked the example anaglyph in the wiki with red/cyan glasses
(very old ones, from Spirit/Opportunity landing..) and it works fine.

cheers

Carlos

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 08:19, Benjamin Ducke
<benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk> wrote:
> The Wiki page advises red/green glasses for viewing the images,
> but I have the sneaking suspicion that the method shown actually
> produces a red/cyan image, so red/cyan glasses would be better!
>
> Could anyone confirm this? I don't have the right glasses to check
> at the moment!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben
>
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Moritz Lennert
>> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

>>> Thanks !
>>>
>>> Just a few questions on the example:
>>>
>>> - Are bldg_resid_3d and bldg_cmcl_3d part of the NC data set ? I can't find
>>> them in the currently available (nc_spm_08_2008_may18.tar.gz).
>>
>> Right - but the "raw" data are there.
>> I have extended the Wiki page. Hope I remembered all correctly.
>>
>>> - For the stereo view you say to launch paraview with
>>>
>>> paraview --stereo --data=ortho_2001_t792_1m.vtka
>>>
>>> I suppose the 'a' at the end it a typo ?
>>
>> Yes, fixed.
>>
>>> - The line nviz elev_lid792_1m col=ortho_2001_t792_1m
>>> vect=bldg_resid_3d,bldg_cmcl_3d is not necessary for the process, or ?
>>
>> Nope, just for verification (comment added).
>>
>> Markus
>>

> --
> Benjamin Ducke
> Senior Applications Support and Development Officer
>
> Oxford Archaeology
> Janus House
> Osney Mead
> OX2 0ES
> Oxford, U.K.
>
> Tel.: ++44 (0)1865 263 800
> benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
>

> ------
> Files attached to this email may be in ISO 26300 format (OASIS Open Document Format). If you have difficulty opening them, please visit http://iso26300.info for more information.

Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Geologist D.Sc.
a.k.a. Guano - Linux User #89721
ResearcherID: A-9030-2008
carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano/
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can’t stop the signal.