[GRASS-user] Re: correcting a series of images for wrong bounding box (extend)

Timmie timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Wed Apr 29 07:27:42 EDT 2009

> > May someone please suggest me a solution?

[message received by PM]
> are all these images supposed to have the same
> boundaries?
> Because than you can simply use
>
> r.region map=... n=... s=... e=... w=...
>
> or r.region map=... rast=...
> where rast stands for the raster to which you want
>to align your map.
>
> Hope this is somewhat the answer you're looking for.

Well, not really, I guess.

I have the following thing:
2 images of the very same area both within the same
UTM projection.

1 image is shifted a fair bit to South-West.
In theory, they should perfectly match (overlay) when
other because the depict the same landscape.

If it were a urban environment, I could simple find a
reference point (church tower etc.) and re-reference
the wrong-adjusted image.
But it is a landscape which has been changing
considerable during the last decades.

My current idea is to play with the bounding box
(extend) definitions when
defining the projection of the location and then
import-/reimport.

I was just looking whether someone else has had the
same experience with some satellite images (landsat).

Thanks and regards,
Timmie