[GRASS-user] Re: r.recode does not recognise fourth routine

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Apr 30 05:11:45 EDT 2009

[Please keep threads on the mailing list]

On 29/04/09 20:42, A. Márcia BARBOSA wrote:
> Thanks Moritz,
>
> Actually the r.reclass manual says it reclassifies "categories", I
> hadn't really noticed or associated it with integer values.

Well, I think that this should be made clearer.

> Now I've done it with r.recode, but it doesn't quite get all the
> rules. Following the manual, I first used:
>
> *:0.2:1
> 0.2:0.8:2
> 0.8:*:3
>
> But it complains that "0.8:*: is not a valid rule" and doesn't do the
> third category (values above 0.8 become null).

Weird. This should work. Are you sure that this was the exact rule you
used and that this is the exact error message ?

Which version of GRASS are you using ?

> Any idea why the first option didn't work?

No. If you can reproduce this with any of the demo data, this could help
debugging.

Moritz