[GRASS-user] r.fillnulls in SRTM not worrking

Micha Neubauer Micha.Neubauer at yahoo.de
Mon Aug 3 16:14:09 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

in a raster DEM I want to get rid of the voids.
The raster DEM I received in downloading it as an SRTM hgt and importing it
with r.in.srtm.
Filling the voids with r.fillnulls now does not work; it always gives me the
error-message:

"Not sufficient points to interpolate. Maybe no hole(s) to fill in the current
map region?"

There are definitely holes in my SRTM and I think the procedure I am using is
very standard. Can anybody help me, because I really do not know what to
change, since everything seems so easy and straight forward.

Thank you very much in advance for the help
micha