[GRASS-user] Geodatabase and GRASS GIS - how to get the data out of a geodatabase

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Aug 9 13:55:06 EDT 2009

Well, don't get your hopes up.  I had a little better success this
time, but it seems to be ignoring blob fields, which is how the
coordinate data is stored.  A commercial ODBC driver that looked
promising a few years ago has a nasty bug getting blob data, and still
hasn't been fixed (...time to bug the developers again).

One possibility is to use a virtualized Linux to use GDAL+mdb-tools.
VirtualBox is free, though I'm using Parallels with no trouble.
Ubuntu runs great virtualized.

-----