[GRASS-user] osgeo4w grass instalation : Tkinter error on python script

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:27:28 EDT 2009

Dear all,      [Windows 64 / XP]

Sorry if this is not the best place to ask for this.
I installed the Osgeo4W grass, using the
installer available at:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows

After startup the installer, I choose Express instalation,
and installed grass from it. Grass is running find.
Now I am building a script on python that
  import grass.script as grass
  import Tkinter
Unfortunatelly I get the following error:

$python landscape.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "landscape.py", line 6, in <module>
    import Tkinter
  File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python25\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 38, in
<module>
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter

In fact, I have loaded a raster map on python variable
(a list of lists), and now I would like to plot it on the screen.
Other suggestions different from Tkinter are welcome.

bests

milton