[GRASS-user] Compiling addons - description.html

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Aug 14 21:35:46 EDT 2009

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > but sudo doesn't work with GRASS commands).
>
> I darkly remember some discussion on this but don't recall
> the tricks (see mailing list archive).

sudo will reset the environment unless -E is used (and the "setenv"
option is enabled in the sudoers file).

Also, the loader will typically clear any variables related to dynamic
as sudo. That's why $GISBASE/etc/grass-run.sh exists: to run a command
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH restored from $GRASS_LD_LIBRARY_PATH (this is
necessary when running a GRASS command in an xterm, as the xterm
binary may be setuid/setgid).