[GRASS-user] Geodatabase and GRASS GIS - how to get the data out of a geodatabase

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 16 04:13:33 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 5:51 AM, stephen sefick<ssefick at gmail.com> wrote:
> GRASS:
> now I have a database called GISbragg.db and db.in.ogr successfully
> imported a table.  I need to make a vector out of this.  Is there a
> way to import the entire database and have them all come in as
> vectors?

Yes, with v.in.db:
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/v.in.db.html
4) Import of a points table (x, y, z) from SQLite file to vector points map:

In a few lines (shell, Python, ...) script, you could  print the table names
with db.tables -p and loop over the results with a for loop to run
v.in.db on each table.

Markus