[GRASS-user] Running Scripts in GRASS

Andrew Lewin andrew.lewin at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 18 16:18:59 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I am a beginner user of GRASS (I normally use ArcGIS) running on Mac OS X Grass 6.4 ORC5.

I am trying to process MODIS chlor-a images according to the MODIS Wiki page.  There are many scripts on the wiki page that I would like to use; however, I do not know how to:
1) save the script file, i.e. what file extension to I use?
2) where to store the script, i.e. Do I store it in the mapset location?
3) how to call the script, i.e. within the terminal shell (bash).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew