[GRASS-user] creating map series purely on ps.map

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 04:54:31 EDT 2009

Hi,

Basically my workflow for creating paper maps is create the main map
in ps.map.  Export the ps output to pdf or png in a graphics software
(scribus or illustrator).  Edit all map elements legend, anotations,
etc.

What I want is to be bale to create the map purely within grass and
ps.map module.

Several questions:
1. I need to prepare separate mapsheets of landcover data.  I have a
vector layer in grass of all the boundingboxes.  How can I call ps.map
to create mapsheets using the individual boundingboxes as the region
settings?

2. Each mapsheet requires a different locatormap as reference.  How do
I add the locatormap using a bigger region settings around the mapped
region settings?

3. Legend symbology for different landcover categories within a single
polygon vector.  As a workaround, I separate landcover categories as
separate vector layers.

4. Tips and tricks for different annotations.

5. Combine different ps.map output into one map.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!
--
cheers,
maning