[GRASS-user] magic?

achim ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Aug 21 06:02:18 EDT 2009

Its all about the resolution!

raster-resolution has effects on some vector-operations. It seems, that
eg. some tools in v.clean (problem getting correct areas from bounds,
adding centros after using v.clean).

The same is with v.to.rast, which is obvious. But converting the
formerly attached polygon works just in an higher resolution (g.region
res=0:00:05).

This higher resolution (and 0:00:10) was used to run some filters in
order to get a special buffer needed to combine areas with lines.

The question remains: why do some polygons be converted correctly? Same
with cleaning a vector and making areas? Is there a problem with averaging?

Best regards,
Achim