[GRASS-user] r.sun problem

dorothee spindelndreher Doro_82 at web.de
Sat Aug 22 07:26:50 EDT 2009

Hi all.

I am using r.sun -s to calculate solarmaps for each month. I wrote a shell script which calculates every 10th day (including the shaddowing effect). But something is going wrong. I looks like the shaddows are displaced somehow (see attachement). Using r.sun2 -s didnt make any difference.
Curiously once it worked! But although I'm using the same projection, location, mapset and DSM - it doesnt work anymore.

I hope anybody could help me out or have any ideas how I could solve this problem....I really need these maps.

Thanks in advanced!

Regards
Doro

I am using Quantum Gis Version 1.0.2 and GRASS 6.4.0 svn

The region  of my investigation area is:

$ g.region -p
projection: 99 (Transverse Mercator)
zone:       0
datum:      towgs84=577.326,90.129,463.919,5.137,1.474,5.297,2.4232
ellipsoid:  bessel
north:      281981.20714553
south:      281612.20714553
west:       -29172.52857137