[GRASS-user] wxpython Mac OS X compilation issues

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Aug 23 11:20:05 EDT 2009

On Aug 23, 2009, at 9:59 AM, stephen sefick wrote:

> my ./configure statement is in the first email that I sent, but here
> it is agian:

> I told GRASS to configure with this:
> --with-wxwidgets=/usr/local/lib/wxPython-unicode-2.8.10.1/bin/wx-
> config
>
> but the lib in the contents of the .app file, as Hamish pointed out,
> are libwx_macud-2.8.0.dynlib.
>
> I am specifying something wrong- I am sure.

I don't think the problem is in the compilation.  As I said, 2.8.0 is
normal for the wx library version.  It's when you run GRASS, somehow
the system wxpython is loaded instead of the new one.  So again, what
does this give you when run in the GRASS shell (after starting GRASS):

python
import sys
sys.path

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect