[GRASS-user] another v.net - question

achim ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Aug 24 06:36:20 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am still dealing with this serious problem (for me at least).

v.net produces sometimes two nodes, where one should be, while on some
points, where (tree) lines touching one is produced.

The coordinates are exactly the same. Naturally, removing double
geometry features results in missing points (cats).

I tried with grass 6.4 and 6.5.

I tried to reproduce it in spearfish, without success.

What could it be?
I'm really stuck here.
Help is very welcome!
Achim

Stranded, I am attaching a small example on

EPSG 4326 (res 0:00:30 x 0:00:30)

projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      9:00:15N
south:      7:40:45N
west:       27:30:45E
east:       28:34:01.066017E
nsres:      0:00:30
ewres:      0:00:29.890284
rows:       159
cols:       127
cells:      20193

Here is one correct and one non-correct node built, using v.net:
v.net --overwrite input=lines_example output=lines_example_net

after renewing cats, I get the following output of:
v.net --overwrite input=lines_example_import_net
output=lines_example_import_net operation=nreport
1 1
2 2,1,5
3 2
4 3