[GRASS-user] problems with v.to.rast?

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 11:05:08 EDT 2009

Hello, I just converted a vector map from boundaries to lines, and
then tried to convert it to a raster, but unsuccessfully.

here are my outputs:

v.type_wrapper.sh input=soilmu at workshop output=soilmu_lin
'type=boundary to line' --overwrite

-- Vector map <soilmu_lin> already exists and will be overwritten
Building topology for vector map <soilmu_lin>...
53 primitives registered

3353 vertices registered

Building areas...
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands...
Attaching centroids...
Number of nodes: 43
Number of primitives: 53
Number of points: 0
Number of lines: 36
Number of boundaries: 0
Number of centroids: 17
Number of areas: 0
Number of isles: 0
Number of centroids outside area: 17
Registering primitives...

v.to.rast input=soilmu_lin at workshop output=soilmu_lin use=val
type=line layer=1 value=1 rows=4096 --overwrite
Reading features...
Writing raster map...
Converted areas: 0 of 0
Converted points/lines: 0 of 36
v.to.rast complete.

I'm quite lost here. Converting to raster before changing from
boundaries to lines doesn't work, as I want only the outlines of the
polygons.

Thanks for any hint.

(PS. latest SVN, Linux)

Carlos

Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Geologist D.Sc.
a.k.a. Guano - Linux User #89721
ResearcherID: A-9030-2008

http://digitalelevation.blogspot.com

http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano