[GRASS-user] some issues of GRASS on Fedora 11

Laura Poggio laura.poggio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 03:05:34 EDT 2009

I had similar issues with fedora 11 64 bit.
I compiled the Grass 6.4 svn snapshot of the 15-08-2009 on a fedora 11 64
bit system. Everything went fine without errors. However when I open GRASS I
get the following error:
GRASS 6.4.0svn (DEM):~ >
/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py:14450:
UserWarning: wxPython/wxWidgets release number mismatch
  warnings.warn("wxPython/wxWidgets release number mismatch")
The gui (wx) is starting, but the 3D view and the digitize do not start. For
the 3d view I get a "loading data" message and nothing is happening.

I tried the same with the svn of 6.5 and I get the same messages. But even
the 2d data are not loading.
I do not have two versions of Python on the machine. However I have the 2.6
installed.
A couple of weeks ago I installed grass on a fedora 10 64 bit with the same
options and everything is working fine. But there the version of Python is
2.5.

I put a message on the fedora forum, but I did not get any answer. And in
the repository the latest official version is still the 6.3. That is why I
went into compiling it.

Thank you

Laura