[GRASS-user] some issues of GRASS on Fedora 11

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Aug 28 04:01:26 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Laura Poggio<laura.poggio at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the official repository there is only the 6.3. You can download the
> Weekly snapshot for generic linux and install it. It is not difficult, but
> some small are missing (3D and digitize).

Small note here:
The problem is that the binary snapshot is (yet?) built on a Fedora 4 machine
(very old) and that it turned out to be impossible to install on that machine
recent wx, cairo and so forth. I tried for many hours but would end up
to update zillions of packages.

I/we hope to migrate to another, more modern machine in the future, then
the binary snapshot will become complete.

Markus