[GRASS-user] The projections and transformations

ambrish dhaka ambijat at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 30 08:29:41 EDT 2009

Hello! ALL,
I need to learn the important way of working with the data having different projection system for a single location. Usually the case is between long lat and UTM projections. I set the region first with g.region and then try to import vector data which is in long lat format they do not get "on the fly" transformation in the GRASS and what I find that they cannot be displayed in my region.

The second question is that is it possible to create two different mapsets, one in Long lat and other in UTM for the same location and then work upon these two simultaneously even displaying them.

 I hope to get some very good guidance on these issues.

thanks!

Ambrish Dhaka