[GRASS-user] v.breach addon

Luís Ferreira lferreira75.1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 11:46:04 EST 2009

I want to make a hydrological corrected DEM, using v.surf.rst for
interpolation/aproximation and v.breach to introduce aditional elevation
points at streams.

My spatial reference system is EPSG:3763 ETRS89 / Portugal TM06,
(metrical).

As required in v.breach document:
 - each input vect line have a unique category in layer 1;
 - input lines not cross themselves;
 - input lines not constitute loops;
 - the input vector lines not stand out of the input raster DEM;
 - the input lines direction is from upstream to downstream.

After creating a DEM using v.surf.rst I want to correct the false sinks
in narrow valleys and sparse points areas. Using v.breach I have as
result two output vectors for streams lines and points but without
entities or attributes. I tried with both PostgreSQL and Sqlite database
connections.

For PostgreSQL connection:

DBMI-Postgres driver error:
Cannot select:
SELECT cat,lcat,z,z_breach FROM topografia.vbreachpoints_2
ERROR:  column "z" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT cat,lcat,z,z_breach FROM
topografia.vbreachpoints_2
                        ^
Unable to open select cursor: 'SELECT cat,lcat,z,z_breach FROM
topografia.vbreachpoints_2'
Copy table failed
Table <vbreach_2> does not exist in database
<host=localhost,dbname=grass_pp_muda_pttm06>
The table <vbreach_2> is now part of vector map <vbreach> and may be
deleted or overwritten by GRASS modules
DBMI-Postgres driver error:
Cannot create index:
create unique index vbreach_2_cat on vbreach_2 ( cat )
ERROR:  relation "vbreach_2" does not exist
Cannot create index
DBMI-Postgres driver error:
Cannot grant on table:
grant select on vbreach_2 to public
ERROR:  relation "vbreach_2" does not exist
Cannot grant privileges on table vbreach_2
Select privileges were granted on the table

Any ideas?
If wanted I'll send the files needed for replication.

Thank you

Luís Ferreira