[GRASS-user] Converting txt file into raster layer

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 18:26:41 EST 2009

I'd go with v.in.ascii or r.in.xyz but, for both, you will need to
know the coordinates of each grid cell.

Another thing to look for is, if you have more than one observation
per time, you might have to separate the file and create one map (or
layer) for each time step. That's something easily done with NetCDF
and programs like GrADS....

Cheers
Daniel