RE: [GRASS-user] Landscape connectivity‏

Pablo Carreira pablotcarreira at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 2 19:02:00 EST 2009

 Hi Markus M., after a fast look at Urban & Keitt here is my sugestions:
a)Create a single central vector point for each patch.
b)Connect that vector to an MySQL database.
c)create the columns ID, X, Y, NHABDIST, NHABID.
d)v.to.db the coordinates of the central points.
e)Now you have a a database with all you need to make the calculations:

1) how far away is the nearest other habitat patch
2) what's the id of the nearest habitat patch

With
SQL, basic math and a script calculate for each single point the
distance for the all other points, then make the script select the
nearest and input the distance and the id in the NHABDIST, NHABID.

For the other questions I don't know the answer.

I hope that may help.

Pablo.