[GRASS-user] Re: CYGWIN

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Dec 4 01:58:02 EST 2009

Luigi Ponti wrote:

> On windows 7 and using a fresh Cygwin/GRASS install as per instructions at
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin/
>
> I start Cygwin shell -> startxwin.sh -> grass64 -tcltk
>
> The startup GUI pops up, I select a mapset, and press "enter GRASS" as
> usual.
>
> I get a very similar error to that reported by Markus below, i.e.:
>
>     5 [main] g.gisenv 4772 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
>      STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW
>        358850 [main] g.gisenv 4772 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace
>      to g.gisenv.exe.stackdump

Can you post the contents of the g.gisenv.exe.stackdump file?

> Also, by calling GRASS in the following way:
>
>     grass64 -tcltk 2> logGRASS.txt
>
> The content of the log is
>
>     /usr/local/grass-6.4.0RC5/etc/Init.sh: line 837: tput: command not found

This is harmless; the only consequence is that the terminal window
won't be cleared. The "tput" program is in the "ncurses" package,
which isn't otherwise required (the libraries required by curses-based
programs are in a separate "libncurses9" package).

> Hope this help better diagnosis. My apologies if I missed follow-up to
> this thread.

I don't think that there has been any follow-up.