[GRASS-user] Problem with grib support for GRASS 6.4

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 5 03:58:11 EST 2009

Tom:
> I think this must be the problem; I will check it when I
> get back into work… Hamish, are you saying that
> translation occurs even in r.in.gdal with GRIB data sets, or
> only with the work-around by converting the grib to geotiff
> with gdal_translate?

any & all gdal ops, it's a problem in gdal's grib driver. It's easily
compensated for (with r.region) once you know about it, but be aware of
it and optimally be able to confirm that a) the adjustment is really
needed and b) it worked correctly.  (and please help test/confim the
patches in the gdal bug tracker if you can!)

Hamish