[GRASS-user] Problems displaying d.vect.thematic

Omar Bautista González omarbautistag at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 08:29:00 EST 2009

Hello:

The problem is with the d.vect.thematic command. It don't display
nothing on the monitor. Even when other commands do it right.

I did the following commands:

> d.mon x0

> d.vect.thematic -s map=JCE_M2006 type=area column=RD_ALIANZA  layer=1 icon=basic/circle size=5  maxsize=20 nint=4 pointcolor=255:0:0  linecolor=0:0:0 startcolor=255:0:0 endcolor=0:0:255  themetype=graduated_colors monitor=none  themecalc=interval colorscheme=blue-red;

And nothing is displayed. Here are the output errors:

**********

Segmentation fault
Thematic map legend for column RD_ALIANZA of map JCE_M2006
Value range: -
Mapped by 4 intervals of -inf
Color(R:G:B)	Value
============	==========
0:0:255		 -
DBMI-DBF driver error:
SQL parser error: syntax error, unexpected AND processing 'and'
in statement:
SELECT cat FROM JCE_M2006 WHERE RD_ALIANZA >=  and RD_ALIANZA<=
Error in db_open_select_cursor()

85:0:170		 -
DBMI-DBF driver error:
SQL parser error: syntax error, unexpected AND processing 'and'
in statement:
SELECT cat FROM JCE_M2006 WHERE RD_ALIANZA >  and RD_ALIANZA<=
Error in db_open_select_cursor()

170:0:85		 -
DBMI-DBF driver error:
SQL parser error: syntax error, unexpected AND processing 'and'
in statement:
SELECT cat FROM JCE_M2006 WHERE RD_ALIANZA >  and RD_ALIANZA<=
Error in db_open_select_cursor()

255:0:0		 -
DBMI-DBF driver error:
SQL parser error: syntax error, unexpected AND processing 'and'
in statement:
SELECT cat FROM JCE_M2006 WHERE RD_ALIANZA >  and RD_ALIANZA<=
Error in db_open_select_cursor()

**********

I installed ubuntu 6.10 on a Dell Mini 10. Then from the repositories
I installed GRASS 6.4.0RC5.

This is very strange because other commands are displaying well. Like
the following:

d.vect.chart map=PuntosCentralesM2006
type=point,line,boundary,centroid  layer=1
columns=C_PLD,C_PRD,C_PRSC,C_OTROS  ctype=pie ocolor=black
sizecol=P_OTROS size=15 scale=1 colors=purple,white,red,yellow;

I tried also with the GUI having the same problem.

Regards,

--
Omar Bautista González
- Coordinador de Investigación para el Desarrollo,