[GRASS-user] Seg fault with i.group in script

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 05:41:42 EST 2009

try running with the --verbose flag turned on.
also `g.gisenv set="DEBUG=5"`  (set back to 0 to turn them off)

can you change the top line of the shell script to be
#!/bin/sh -x

then you can follow the exact expansion of the shell variables
from among the debug noise.

probably python/bourne shell makes no difference; the imagary
library is not as robust as the raster one.

perhaps the band name is very long? only recently have a lot
of the i.* modules been updated to deal with that. Looks like
that was a year ago so should be ok in 6.4.0rc5.

make sure there are no @mapset in the map names.

...?

Hamish