[GRASS-user] Re: Hydroligics in grass

Joop Goedbloed jlgoedbloed at hetnet.nl
Sun Dec 13 12:49:42 EST 2009

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009, Michael Barton wrote:

> > I agree that it would be nice to have the Java-based "Horton machine"
> > modules available for the GRASS community. However, as is the case with
> > all truly open source projects, contribution to GRASS is voluntary.

Michael,

   Yup.

   I found a java to python translator (there are a few out there) and will
take a shot at producing working python code. Several years ago I switched
from C to python for our approximate reasoning models because of the
extensive mathematical and scientific tools available for python. While by
no means an expert, I can usually get things working, especially using the
wxPython GUI.

Rich

Hi Users list

Im my point of view is not necessary to translate any module from jgrass to grass or visa versa

I'm using grass and jgrass beside each other and doing with the same session with the jgrass
Horton machine. the results are almost the same as in grass.

Here is the link to the results : dem....png is the dem and j.....png the jgrass results

Jgrass <ftp://80.61.251.86/houtblerick/>

Joop Goedbloed