[GRASS-user] V.overlay very slow

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 16 10:24:14 EST 2009

incanus wrote:
> By the way,
> i don't know if what i've done is correct and can be a usefull "trick", or
> it's a rookie mistake, or a casuality. I hope someone knows why this
> happens, and could help anyone.
>
> This is:
>
> After trying the "v.patch, v.clean(break,rmdupl), v.build" thing,
v.build is not needed after v.clean.
>  it was the
> moment to create a new column for all geometries, in order to run
> v.dissolve.
> Then, v.dissolve doesn't worked. I see that v.info gives different
> information (number of boundaries, areas, islands...) of the "same" map,
> obtained from v.overlay's or v.patch,v.clean...

Can you post that information, or better the output of v.build for each
map (not all the input maps, only the results of v.patch and v.overlay)?
Look out for "number of incorrect boundaries", "number of duplicate
centroids" and "number of centroids outside area", that means that there
is still something wrong with vector topology.

Markus M