[GRASS-user] Wxpython vector digitizer

Luis Lisboa luislisboa1975 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 05:36:36 EST 2009

Hi

Due to the fact that i.class is not available at Windows I decided to start
using GRASS on Linux.
I have just installed and compiled. When I start grass64 I get this warning:
"*WARNING: Vector digitizer is not available (No module named
grass6_wxvdigit).*
*Note that vector digitizer is currently not working under MS Windows
(hopefully will be fixed soon). Please try more recent version of GRASS.*"

But since I'm now using LINUX :), I don't give a damn about that.
But unfortunely, in GIS lay Manager "Start Editing" option is not available.
And, when I select  "Digitizer" at GIS Map Display, I get the following
error window
"* Unable to start vector digitizer. *
*The VDigit python extension was not found or loaded properly.*
*Switching back to 2D display mode*
*Details: No module named grass6_wxdigit"*
*
*
What am I missing because it was suppose to be working..

Thanks and happy holidays for everyone.

Luis Lisboa