[GRASS-user] Installation of Snapshot

Νίκος Νίκος
Tue Dec 22 06:56:40 EST 2009

Hi Luis. Hope I am giving some pointers below.

Luis Lisboa wrote:
> I have installed and compiled GRASS 6.4 source code. Then, I decided
> to update with a weekly snapshot (the latest!).

(a) You mean "svn up" within the grass64 source code version? Then you
will update whatever has been changed and you need to recompile/
reinstall of course.

(b) If you mean version grass65 or grass70 then you need to get the
whole code in an extra directory and configure/compile/install.

Trying to keep things "cleaner" you can configure/compile another
version and instead of installing it, link the respective to-be-executed
file (e.g. I use a link under /usr/local/bin which points to
"/geo/osgeo/src/grass_trunk/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/grass70.tmp").

> My question is: is it suppose to have 2 different compiled/installed
> folders, one for RC and other to SVN?

> Or was it suppose the SVN folder to be extracted/installed inthe
> original folder?

Hmm... but you can get an RC using SVN. RC= release candidate, SVN=
subversion, tool for version control management or something like that
(?).

Nikos