[GRASS-user] Re-organizing Project

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 07:43:24 EST 2009

Rich wrote:
>   It's all quite different from when I worked with versions 4.1 through 4.3.
> Heck, even the modules and steps in the 2nd edition of the GRASS book are
> frequently no longer valid.

I am not sure what version the 2nd edition book is aimed at, but fwiw
we have maintained backwards compatibility with all of GRASS 6.x for the
last 5 years.  all modules should still be there (at least 99% of them
anyway). And I'd say that most of the grass 5 modules are still there too.
A rewrite of the vector modules was the massive change between 5 and 6.

the gui and menu positions have changed a lot since then, and the d.*
modules don't work with the new GUI.

Hamish