[GRASS-user] Re-organizing Project

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 23 22:13:49 EST 2009

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009, Hamish wrote:

> fwiw "WIND" is mostly a behind the scenes term, "region" is the user
> exposed term.

Hamish,

   So there can be multiple regions in a given location. In essence, then, we
manipulate the regions and those bounds are stored in DEFAULT_WIND and
individual mapset WINDS. Works for me.

> use v.in.region + v.select (or + v.overlay)
>
> for rasters just change the region then do r.mapcalc crop_map=orig_map

   Will do.

   I still need to get the raster DEM to behave. I've no idea why it's giving
me problems. Tomorrow I'll get it all sorted out ... I hope!

Thanks,

Rich