[GRASS-user] Regions and Mapsets

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Dec 25 11:06:24 EST 2009

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Yes. Any new maps will be created with the bounds and resolution
> determined by the current region.
>
> And raster commands don't normally modify existing maps. Some vector
> commands modify maps in-place, but raster commands (with very few
> exceptions, e.g. r.null) don't.

   Thanks for the confirmation, Glynn.

   Now I need to search for a mail list to help me figure out why three
points within the project drainage basin are not within those bounds when I
try to add them to the map.

   It's a re-projection issue, not directly a GRASS issue, but I've not found
an answer on the proj.4 Web site ... yet. I'll do some reading today to
ensure I correctly ask the questions.

Happy holiday,

Rich