[GRASS-user] Cannot Create UTM Location: -6.5svn

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 21:09:41 EST 2009

Rich wrote:
>   I just tried to create a new
> location for UTM Zone 10 using the wxPython
> GUI. I could assign a name to the new location, specify
> defining it from a
> list, and selecting 'utm' from that dialog box. However, on
> the next dialog
> box where the zone is to be entered I cannot change the
> default '30' to
> anything but '0'. Is this like the origins with 'll'?

It's a known bug in the new wx location wizard.
  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/842

Michael & myself have been trying to fix it off-list, but to
be honest we are mostly stumped. (it works for him on Mac)

use the text-based location wizard (g.setproj), after starting
grass with "grass64 -text" or "grass64 -tcltk" from the command
line. your gui choice is sticky so reset it to wx with g.gui
later.

Hamish