[GRASS-user] Cannot Create UTM Location: -6.5svn

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 23:53:17 EST 2009

Rich wrote:
>   I just used a text editor on PROJ_INFO after
> accepting the default '30'.

In that case you should double check that if(?) the PROJ_INFO
file has a +lon_0 set, it is set appropriately and not still
using the central longitude from Zone 30...

>   Isn't it a wxPython spin-control widget?

yes

> I've several of those in my python approximate reasoning
> models.

here's the code in question-
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/location_wizard.py#L798

I just spotted an attempt to deal with "weirdness", which may be
a clue-
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/location_wizard.py#L720

Michael:
> I'm about to suggest that we scrap the spin box and return
> to a simple text box (rather than the long pull-down) and
> have it validate only values 1-60.

A spin box is the right tool for the job, so I'd like to keep
banging our heads against this one until we understand the
deeper cause (in the dev branch, not the release branch of
course).

Hamish