[GRASS-user] Watershed divides from DEM

Lyle E. Browning lebrowning at att.net
Thu Dec 31 13:40:54 EST 2009

In my archaeological work, I will survey across 4 identical spurs of hilly land, of which 1 will have a large Native American component and the others zilch, despite all having equally level spur tips, access to water and the like. What makes the 4th one advantageous is that it sits astride a watershed divide for two typically small (5-200cfs flow) streams. The deer still use these to cross into the next watershed as it is the least exerting means of doing so. The hunters follow the deer and archaeologists follow the lithic scatters from the hunters.

Is there a way in GRASS to have it do the grunt work of finding these watersheds and overlaying a line or something on them such that they can then be accentuated and displayed?

Thanks in advance,

Lyle Browning, RPA