[GRASS-user] Labels On Maps

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 31 19:31:00 EST 2009

   There are quite a few keys related to labels in d.vect. I have a line in a
script that is:

d.vect map=proj_pts type=point color=red icon=basic/triangle size=10
attrcol=str_1 lcolor=red bgcolor=white lsize=12

(it's not split in the script but is here to fit the MUA.)

   I don't see the text in column 'str_1' on the display. Do I need to
explicitly declare a font and the other attributes? If so, where do I find a
list of acceptable names?

   Also, on a related note, how can I change the column names in those .dbf
tables?

Thanks,

Rich