[GRASS-user] Re: understanding r.watershed

Georg Kaspar georg at geofs.de
Mon Feb 2 14:41:18 EST 2009

On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 19:31:06 +0100 Markus Metz wrote:
> Generally there is no need to purge the input DEM from depressions, why
> do you insist on doing so?
> The difference between purging a DEM and providing  an option
> depression=<map with real depressions> has been explained before in this
> thread [1], [2].

sorry, the whole thing just makes me crazy. I have never done this kind
of calculation but I need to do this right know in order to "transfer"
excercises written for ArcGIS to GRASS (and in ArcGIS you need to purge
those depressions...).
So far, I found out that I could bring up a proper solution for any
excercise using GRASS, but this whole watershed-thing keeps bothering
me ;) Please excuse me repeating the same questions over and over again -
I am also new to newsgroups ;)