[GRASS-user] troubles with i.landsat.rgb and d.rgb

Renae Mackas rmackas at sfu.ca
Thu Feb 12 13:32:44 EST 2009

Hello-

I have used r.ing.dal to import different Landsat TIFF images, and am now
trying to superimpose red, green, and blue spectral bandsto get  "real
colour" images.

I am under the impression that I need to use i.landsat.rgb to auto-balance
the colours of the LANDSAT images I am using.  I am using a PC, and when I
run the command:

i.landsat.rgb red=020.020.2000.055_B30 green=020.020.2000.055_B20
blue=020.020.2000.055_B10

a microsoft windows window pops up that informs me " r.univar.exe has
stopped working- a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".
As long as I continue to run the i.landsat.rgb command, this window
continues to pop up.

Have I made a mistake somewhere??

Also, once (if?) I do get i.landsat.rgb to work, will the map display window
automatically show me the superimposed images??

Also, I have tried just running d.rgb on the same images:

d.rgb red=020.020.2000.103_B30 blue=020.020.2000.103_B20
green=020.020.2000.103_B10

with results:

PNG: GRASS_TRUECOLOR status: TRUE

PNG: collecting to file: F:/grassdata/path20/PERMANENT/.tmp/412.0.ppm,

     GRASS_WIDTH=535, GRASS_HEIGHT=484

but nothing shows up in my map display window.  How do I display the results
of this??

I am very new to GRASS, so any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks
very much for the help,

Renae Mackas