[GRASS-user] archaeologist GRASS users - was Thiessen Polygons

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Feb 12 19:40:10 EST 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 4:13 PM, <grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:54:07 -0500
> From: "Lyle E. Browning" <lebrowning at att.net>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] Thiessen Polygons
> To: GRASS list user <grassuser at grass.itc.it>
>
> The messages from Kurt Spring and Jean Roc Morreale point to
> archaeological work using GRASS. How many other archaeologists are
> there on the list using GRASS. I'd be interested in hearing about
> archaeological applications as I have just begun the learning curve
> for my own archaeological work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lyle Browning

Lyle,

There are actually quite a few archaeologist GRASS users. At least 2
of us on the dev team are archaeologists (Benjamin Ducke and me). A
number of students here at Arizona State use GRASS because I teach my
spatial technologies course with it.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity