[GRASS-user] Display output question

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 19:38:16 EST 2009

Michael wrote:
> If you want to replicate a complex display with overlaying
> maps it is more complicated than this even. The maps need to
> be composited. We use g.pnmcomp. The input is a series of
> PNM maps and optionally their transparency masks; the output
> is a single, composite PNM file.

.... which can be Save As..'d from the menu.

if there path to that file was known, the user could also copy it away
(probably passing it through pnmtopng) to save a few mouse clicks.

but I don't think batch workspace file -> image is possible without some
custom hacking of the python code by the user. (probably not too hard)

me, I like xwd | xwdtopnm | pnmtopng > screenshot.png

Hamish